Hampshire Farmers' Markets. The flagship outlet for Hampshire farmers and independent producers, with all produce strictly locally produced. First Sunday in every month in the square in Petersfield, 2nd and 4th Sundays in Winchester, third Saturday in every month Alton. Meat, vegetables, preserves, breads, honey, specialists in tomatoes, chillies, mushrooms, honeys... Too many to individually list, but always on WikiPetersfield's shopping list is
- Ashmore Farmhouse Cheese
- Bookham Cheese and Pasta (fantastic British parmesan)
- Bowtell's Farm Shop, meat and game
- Dorset Blueberry Company
- Secrett's, amazing vegetables and salad leaves from Milford www.secretts.co.uk
- Isle of Wight Tomatoes... and chillies, and aubergines, and tomato products...
- Long Crichel Bakery, traditional breads and cakes...
- Itchen Valley Brewery
- Loosehanger Farmhouse Cheeses, medal-winning Ayrshire cowsmilk and goatsmilk cheeses... their garlic and nettle is seriously addictive...
- Peter Mushrooms, fresh mushrooms + soups, pates, ketchups, and a hot mushroom roll as an alternative to the hog roast for all you vegetarians...
- Pollen Organics, sauces, pestos, mayonnaises
- The Garlic Farm, brilliant range of fresh, smoked and preserved garlic and garlic products.
This barely scratches the surface. Every month there are new stalls, all the Petersfield local farm shops and many from further afield are represented, so this is really unmissable for anyone interested in fresh, local and genuinely interesting food. ... at least one or two roasts are usually ongoing, so skip breakfast and get here early.... more about the farmers' markets here: http://www.hampshirefarmersmarkets.co.uk and at 01420 588671.